Editing Instructions - Single Page Layout
Welcome to the instructions for managing your single-page website!
First of all, if you get confused about any of the information in these instructions, please do not hesitate to contact me! I am continually attempting to simplify the instructions, so any questions or feedback you have help me tremendously.
To become familiar with the layout and functions of this content management system (CMS), read the CMS Overview.
- To learn the capabilities of and methods for using the formatting options when adding content in the CMS, read more on that topic here. Note that some of the sections covered in the documentation are not relevant to your specific system.
- It is also a good idea to learn about managing the Files section of the CMS to best organize the files and images you want to use.
- Note that this update has added the need to publish your files and images once they have been uploaded. The available documentation is pretty pitiful for this, so I am working on adding some of my own. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions.
- That said, there are some decent instructions available for linking from content in one of your page sections to files or other websites.
Your Website Sections
Your website consists of a single-page (Home Page) layout that is fed mostly by information that is added in different page sections of the CMS.
The home page contains the options to add a unique header, to change the names of the different regions of the page, and to modify the "Welcome" text that appears at the top of your page.
When there is no unique header image added to the Home Page section, the image that appears in the header will default to the default image added to the Settings section.
Contact me to change the default header or if you have any questions about this.
I am still updating the instructions for this section. Please feel free to reach out to me to make any changes for you, or you can likely still figure it out by reading the existing instructions for adding or editing a Service. See those instructions here.
Services Display: The number of services added dictates how the service blocks will appear on the home page.
About Us Section
The About Us or Team section is managed using a "team holder" and a "team member" format. Learn more about that here.
Team Member Display: Like the Services section, the number of team members added decides how the team members should be displayed on the home page.
Patient Resources Section
You now have two different Patient Resources sections. In each, you the option to create different categories/sections, and then you can create individual "Resources" that may contain text, downloadable files, media embeds, or links to other websites.
I am still updating the instructions for this section. Please feel free to reach out to me to make any changes for you, or you can likely still figure it out by reading the existing instructions for adding or editing resources. Refer to the old instructions for this section here.
The Contact Us section has tabs for the Address and Hours part of the Contact section. Since the update to your site, the options have been extended. Learn more about the editing the contact section here.
Because the content management system is designed to facilitate permissions-based editing (and generally a multi-page layout), some content is restricted to the "Settings" tab. The following content may be added or edited within the Settings tab:
- Website name, tagline, and logo (note that changing logo images may result in necessary layout tweaks)
- Website default header image (when necessary), description, keywords, and Google Analytics code
- Third-party service links, such as to patient portal and appointment scheduling services
View instructions for editing Settings-based content here.
If you have social media profiles or additional websites to which you would like to link in your header or footer (or contact section), there is a new section within the CMS to add and edit those fields.
Note: The primary difference between the Social links section and the "medical" (or third party service) fields in the Settings section of this CMS is that the Social links offer no option for additional content to be added to describe the link.
View instructions for adding and editing social media links here.